Monday, October 12, 2009

People respond to incentives---or comments

Nothing inspires me more than to receive a comment from a reader. It keeps me going. As economists would put it, it's a great incentive.


The comment below I received sometime in June 2008 when my essay was published in the Philippine Daily Inquirer's Youngblood section:


Please send my feedback to the author of the Youngblood article 'Why teach?', but I want to remain anonymous. Please tell him that teachers are the people I look up to. Teachers are very important to me because a part of who I am right now is because of them. I owe them a lot for the knowledge and wisdom i have right now. They continue to make good citizens. I hope he won't feel belittled anymore.


Whenever someone comments on my writeup, I can't help but be delighted because it means three things:



  1. Someone reads you,

  2. He/she understands you,

  3. He/she takes the trouble to write you.

2 comments:

  1. here's a reader commenting then: i saw your blog if only for this pba thing and i should say that you write well. im sure many people in your side o town would be inspired to blog and read! congratulations young man :) the intahrnet is such a powerful space, so powerful that readership of anything "published" is no longer a problem. worry not then: people read you :) and loving it too i guess lalalala

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, aiscracker. for sure, your are not the first one to say i write well. in fact, people do, although i have self-doubt if indeed i do. yet, it never ceases to flatter me when someone---especially from someone like you---says i do write well. yeah, i hope they read, and understand, and take the trouble to write me. :D thanks again.

    ReplyDelete