Friday, January 15, 2010

The end

Today marks the end of my On-Campus Practicum at Holy Cross of Davao College-High School Department. As a final activity, I asked my students to give their feedback on me in general and on my teaching performance in particular.

I find some of the comments flattering. "Bonjour! Merci for being a good teacher. I adore the way you handle our classes." Some are banal and predictable. "Thank you, Sir, for teaching us. I learned a lot from you." Of course, what are teachers for? Some are downright honest. "Honestly, I find you irritating. Pag nag-discuss ka kulang. Masyado ka ring strikto at maiksi ang pasensya mo. Pero thank you pa rin for the effort."

Teaching is taxing. But what keeps me going is when I received a comment like this:
Sir, thank you for everything. I hope that you'll succeed. Sir, idol gud tika mag-tudlo, mag-education pud ko then sundogon nako imong style para masaya. Good luck, Sir!

To all the fourth year students of sections St. Teresa of Avila, St. Matthew, St. Cecilia, St. Clare, and St. Lorenzo, thank you. For better or for worse, you're already part of what I am today and what I will become tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. wow!! bongga kau ka sir!! bet na kau ka ni anri!! ahaha :D

    uber2 kau ni na.message

    "Sir, thank you for everything. I hope that you’ll succeed. Sir, idol gud tika mag-tudlo, mag-education pud ko then sundogon nako imong style para masaya. Good luck, Sir!"

    kinsa nag.ingon??

    gud luck 2 you.. keep 8 up (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. char! anri? hmmm. taken na to...hahahaha...secret kung kinsa ang nag-ingon. basta wala sa inyong section...

    good luck pud sa imo ug sa inyong tanan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan Joseph T. BalajadiaJanuary 29, 2010 at 6:26 AM

    "thank you. For better or for worse, you’re already part of what I am today and what I will become tomorrow."

    nice sir! love this message! :D

    ReplyDelete