Sunday, January 3, 2010

A start of something new

It has become an S.O.P. for everyone to make a New Year's resolution---that list of "to do" that one must (highlight must) do for the entire year. And since we are a people afraid not to do what everyone else does, we do it with much gusto, though the truth is no one really takes it seriously.

Because, I'm told, I'm unique, I will not make a New Year's resolution. I will not list what things I resolutely want to accomplish this year:

  • Read Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe; Read at least one novel per week

  • Pass the Law School Qualifying Test

  • Write at least one article every month for the Mindanao Times

  • I'm about to put "Do the household chores" here, but decided against it; I always do household chores anyway, New Year or not.


But if you've already made a New Year's resolution, please don't be obliged to throw it away just because it's a tradition gone awry.

Happy New Year everyone!

P.S. Lucky color of the year: Yellow and Blue. The astrologers who guested in Mel & Joey came close to admitting that Noynoy and Mar would win in the May elections. This could be the start of something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment