Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm still alive, very much alive!

I received a forwarded e-mail today containing An Accurate 2010 Horoscope. It also comes with a caveat: "This is the real deal. Try ignoring it, and the first thing you'll notice is having a horrible day starting tomorrow morning...and it only gets worse from there."

Just how accurate the horoscope is I wanted to know, so I skipped the other zodiac signs and went straight to Pisces, my zodiac sign. It says:
Caring and kind. Smart. Likes to be the center of attention. Very organized.  High appeal to opposite sex..  Likes to have the last word. Good to find, but hard to keep. Passionate, wonderful lovers.  Fun to be around. Too trusting at times and gets hurt easily.  VERY caring. They always try to do the right thing and sometimes gets the short end of the stick.  They sometimes get used by others and get hurt because of their trusting.   Extremely weird but in a good way. Good sense of humor!!! Thoughtful. Loves to joke. Very popular. Silly, fun and sweet. Good friend to other but needs to be choosy on who they allow their friends to be.  5 years of bad luck if you do not forward.

Is it accurate? Yes and no. Yes, I'm smart, fun to be with, has a good sense of humor, etc. But no, I'm not kind and caring, I don't like to be the center of attention, and I'm not a passionate and wonderful lover.

The e-mail further says that if I'll send it to 1-3 people, I'll have my one minute of luck. And if I'll send it to 38 and more, I'll have "a very lucky life!"

Wow! I was so excited I deleted the e-mail without bothering to send it to 38 people, much less to a single soul. Of course, I want to have a lucky life. But the thing is there's no such thing as a lucky life and I'll have more urgent things to do, more urgent than sending a forwarded e-mail. Besides I have already deleted e-mails before saying that I would die if I delete them.

If you think "chain mails," as they've come to be called, were true, I would have died a long time ago. But look, I'm still alive, blogging about these damn e-mails.

2 comments: