Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes

That means "dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants." According to my ever-reliable source, Wikipedia, it is a Western metaphor that means, "One who develops future intellectual pursuits by understanding the research and works created by notable thinkers of the past." Joining the 2010 Davao Writers Workshop is like standing on the shoulders of giants. Here are some of the photos in which I, well, stood beside the giants (literally and figuratively).

[caption id="attachment_1795" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="Ma'am Aida Rivera-Ford and I."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1796" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="Sir Ricky de Ungria and I."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1797" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="Sir Mac Tiu and I."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1798" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="Sir Tony Tan and I."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1799" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="Dominique Cimafranca and I."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1800" align="alignleft" width="400" caption="Sir Tim Montes and I."][/caption]

3 comments: