Thursday, March 11, 2010

And the verdict is in

I took the Law School Qualifying Test on February 6, 2010. Two days after my birthday, March 6, 2010, I went to ADDU-College of Law to get the result. And the verdict: I passed. My stanine score is 6.*

I leave it for others to divine what this triple 6 means. But it certainly doesn't bode ill for me. My evidence: the LSQT.

I'm happy and shocked with the result: happy because I really prepared for it and it's, FYI, my passport to entering law school; shocked because of the four sub-tests in the LSQT (Verbal Reasoning, Critical Thinking, Quantitative Ability, and Figural Reasoning), I scored high in the Critical Thinking.

"Superior" is my critical thinking, according to CEM (Center for Educational Measurement), that which administered the test. The two---Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Ability---are "High Average." In the Figural Reasoning I'm just "Average."

I thought I would score highest in the Verbal Reasoning. Nonetheless, I'm satisfied...

_____

*I don't know what stanine means. Better click here.

4 comments:

  1. [...] to take up law. Here when I was really having trouble deciding what to do after graduation. And here when I found out the result of the Law School Qualifying [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Having taken the test myself and passed it, I know how it feels when your family is constantly egging you on to take the test, and the pressure is building up as the entrance exam date is getting nearer. [...]

    ReplyDelete