Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Free Lancer: A PBA Finalist

I would be lying if I would say I didn't expect that this damn blog would be a finalist for the 2009 Philippine Blog Awards. Of course, I did. And I'm sure all the finalists did.

If they didn't, would they deign to nominate their blogs in the first place?

Meanwhile, I'm happy to note that "The Free Lancer" is a 2009 PBA finalist under the Personal category.

A personal blog, the PBA said, is "a blog that covers the personal. A diary or a journal a record and treasure chest of one’s thoughts and ideas. It could be on any topic from the food eaten this morning to national issues. The important thing is that it is one’s personal take on the issue."

Though some of the finalists have been in this business of blogging for well over many years now, I feel competitive with them.

Why do I feel so?

Wala lang. I just feel it. I believe I'm saying something in this blog that nobody does. After all, there's only one blogger who goes by the name of Arvin Antonio Ortiz.

If you encountered any, please tell me. But it's improbable---only celebrities and prominent people always fall prey to identity thieves.

P.S. I would have wished that Silence Kills! was nominated and eventually got into the finals of the 2009 PBA under the Advocacy category, one of the new categories in the 2009 PBA, so that it will be given more prominence.

Thus it will gain ground.

Silence Kills! is "a loose coalition of bloggers who blog about human rights in general, and about extrajudicial killings in Davao City in particular."

But unfortunately, it didn't make the grade.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats tol! Ang galing! Sana next time ako naman, haha.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Well, I guess it's only a matter of time---and timing.

    ReplyDelete