Monday, September 21, 2009

Qué barbaridad!

(This is my response to Dominique's post. But I'm re-posting it here, with a slight revision of course, so that the world may know that laziness and idiocy are not the exclusive domains of the students.)

FYI, I'm a student assistant assigned in the Internet Laboratory housed inside the H.S. Library of Holy Cross of Davao College (HCDC). My job as an S.A. is, well, to assist Internet users---students, teachers, co-SAs.

One time, a teacher asked for my assistance. (Much as I want to name this teacher, politeness tells me otherwise. But for convenience's sake, let's call him Sir B---B meaning "bald.")

"Paki-print ko ani Vin," said Sir B, pointing to the information on the screen.

I looked at it for a while, then followed his instruction.

As I hand the printout to him, I asked, "Para sa asa diay na, Sir?"

"Para sa akong masteral," he said matter-of-factly, as though his credibility were still intact.

"Ah, I see."

When Sir B got out of the lab, I chuckled because the information he got came from answers.com.

answers.com as his source of information for his MA Degree?

Qué barbaridad!

I pity not the teacher, but the students who're under his care---or scare.

2 comments:

  1. Curious what question the teacher posed to him that it could easily be answered from, well, answer.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I remember it right, it was all about the Filipino language: Ano ang wika? Mga teorya tungkol sa pinagmulan ng wika? And all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete