Friday, April 16, 2010

Wala naminaw sa Paminaw Mindanao

Unlike some of my friends who went to HCDC Gym to attend Paminaw Mindanao, a presidential forum on Mindanao, I was able to secure a white ticket, that which allowed me sit in the chairs below, among the important and not-so important people, not in the bleachers above.

Since I don't have a laptop to document all that happened there, I just used my cp and saved what I wrote in the outbox. Here goes:

  • "Forum, paminaw mindnanao. 4 came. Gbo, jc, perlas, bro. Edie. jc was late.

  • "Startd with a prayr from tri.people."

  • "Gibo, cutlre, devt, and securty."


From there, I stopped typing. By the time Gibo laid out his plan for Mindanao----he said there is a need for a paradigm shift, a one-size-fits-all approach to Mindanao won't work because the causes of conflicts in this island are varied----we were busy searching for Who's Who in Philippine Politics.

Anton Lagdameo was there. My friend said it would have been better had he brought Dawn Zulueta with her.

Bebot Bello, the senatorial candidate who styled himself as Justice Man, was there, wearing a violet vest that reminds me very much of sapin-sapin.

Nanding Pacheco, founder of Ang Kapatiran Party, was there.

I don't know who else were there.

I didn't get much of what the presidentiables said. All I can say is that the forum was enlightening. There, I learned that the color of the dress that Amina Rasul, of the Philippine Council for Islam and Democracy, wore yesterday was not orange. It's saffron.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arvin! I am not really for JC but this is just to clarify that he's not late. The forum was supposedly a 2-part forum wherein the first set should only be a dialogue with Sec. Gibo and Mr. Perlas. Then the 2nd part is with Bro. Eddie and Councilor JC. That is why JC said, "I thought I suppose to come here at 3PM" which is in fact true because the 2nd set supposedly would have started at 3pm if only the initially planned setting was followed.

    Also, it is indeed interesting to learn that Rep. Rasul's outfit is not "Orange" but Saffron : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnaks, Chic, for dropping by. Yes, technically, JC wasn't late. But by late, I meant JC wasn't around when the forum started. Anyway, though JC was late, he stayed until the end unlike one presidential candidate who left while the forum was still going on. You know who is he.

    ReplyDelete