Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How I misspelled "case"?

IMG_20130213_071750During our Prelim Exam in Intellectual Property Law, I misspelled a word so simple even a Kindergarten pupil can spell it. A question was asked whether or not Joe Sison, Jr.'s infringement case would prosper.

Then I wrote, "Joe Sison, Jr.'s cas will not prosper."

I admit. I won't even try to rationalize how I did it. It was sheer carelessness that I misspelled the word "case" and instead wrote "cas."

This must be one of the downside of relying too much on Spellchecker in MS Word. I have become so much dependent on it I expect red jagged lines would appear under the word every time I misspell a word.

My consolation was that only one point is deducted from my score.

11 comments:

  1. Just curious, do law students have a penmanship class? I just read before that the judges who check the Bar exams won't even try to read your answers if it is not legible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, teachers, are so fond of telling this to our students: "Review your answers!" Well, I think this has boomeranged to you (or even to anyone else.) You're just so blessed that you had a good answer (and a legible handwriting too! -- which my hubby doesn't have! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walang penmanship class. yeah, heard that too. apocryphal ang story pero sabi talaga ng mga teachers namin na those who have awful penmanship hindi na binabasa ng mga bar examiners. pero no one can tell for sure kasi wala namang nanonood sa mga bar examiners while they're checking the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tama. Dili jud ko ga review sa ako answer. once i'm through with the item, that's it. in the end, ang teacher ra man gyapon ang mag decide kung tama ang answer or dili. maayo na lang jud tama ako answer and kasabot ako teacher sa ako agi. unreasonable man pud if malian tanan unya simple spelling lang ang issue. it's like burning a house to roast a pig. hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Good" isn't the adjective. "Correct" pala dapat. =)))

    I'm like your teacher -- very particular with the spelling. Pero, hawd man gud pud kaayo ka wui. Ikaw na jud ang gitakna! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha... hawod pajud ang nalitok. thanks anyway. imong bana pud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonathan "pogi" BangayanFebruary 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

    oh Arvin, has law school left you nothing to ponder on but fabulations and romantizations of penmanship? *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi jon. You're so mean...hahahaha... hayaan mo na. I just can't get over with the fact that a simple case of misspelling a simple word like "case" could cause me a point deduction. How's school naman? I think mali yang "pogi" sa name mo. "macho" dapat kasi laki ng ni-reduce mo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And here comes the spelling 'nazi'. Aw hahah does it sound correct? Hahaha :)) Ako na ang late nakabasa ng posts. Have been lax with blogging, and more concentrated in my studies.

    ReplyDelete