Friday, May 8, 2009

'Lung fields are clear'

I had my annual X-ray examination yesterday as part of the Scholarship's requirement. It wasn't my first time to have my lungs photocopied, as we jokingly call it. But every time I go through the process, I'm anxious of what would be the result. Yesterday was no exception.

How could you not be anxious when what's at stake is the Scholarship itself. It's not that I will be terminated, but I've seen some of my colleagues whose lung results are suspicious were advised to take a one semester leave. They can only come back if the Doctor says so. But what if, he won't?

That's what I fear the most. Since this morning, I kept on thinking of my x-ray result, until i got it this afternoon.

"Lung fields are clear," the result says. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Mine says 'Both Lung Fields are equally translucent'. Any idea what that means? I am a pessimist, so you can imagine how I felt when I got to know they aren't 'clear'.

    ReplyDelete